The “End ALS Camaro” Rebuild
In addition to their ALS activism, Seth and Amy Christensen have worked to create meaningful and memorable experiences with each of their kids. For Seth and his 13-year-old son, Sam, this included buying and working together on their dream car, a 1968 Chevrolet Camaro.
Progress was slow until earlier this year, when the Utah Auto Body Association (UABA) heard their story and adopted the car as its 2014 pro bono project. With UABA’s help, the Camaro has now been disassembled and is currently being prepped for a complete “body-off” rebuild.
Seth and Sam envision the “End ALS Camaro” (working title) rebuild being emblematic of the fight against ALS: with creative vision, hard work, and collaborative partnerships with a wide variety of talented and resourceful people, an old vehicle can be transformed into a cutting-edge, high performance version of a celebrated classic. They anticipate that as a promotional tool for ALS awareness and research, the car will be shown in prominent car shows, parades, print (magazine and newspaper features), and electronic media campaigns.
This is a big project and Seth and Sam can’t do it alone; we are seeking partners and sponsors to donate time, expertise, parts, or other in-kind contributions. Please note that no online donations to ALS Crowd’s research initiatives will be used for this project! All Camaro project partners will be appreciatively and appropriately recognized in media and promotional materials.
If you would like to contribute, please let us know by filling out the form below or emailing us at email@example.com. Thank you!
Specific Project Needs
- LS3 crate motor
- Overdrive transmission
- 12-bolt positraction rearend
Steering, Suspension, and Brakes
- Update suspension (front and rear)
- Install modern disc brakes
- Update steering box
- repair or replace all damaged vinyl and plastic
- install Dynamat in floor and roof
- install new headliner
- install period-correct wood steering wheel
- update front seats with support and headrests
- update horseshoe shifter to work with transmission
- repair or replace hideaway headlight system
- repair or replace window mechanisms
- install vintage air conditioning system
- install stainless steel exhaust system
- install stereo system